Waterproof EX2 Breathable Sport-Series The Expedition Drysuit
This suit is a special tool made for a special purpose. It is made with maximum comfort in mind, erasing the line between what you do above and below the water. As with any special tool there are NO compromises, at least not when it comes to its main purpose. If you need a traditional diving suit, a suit that can take anything you throw at it, buy one of our tough butyl based suits instead. The EX2 is slightly more fragile, slightly more sensitive and can’t take quite as much wear and tear. If you can accept this, the suit will serve you well. The EX2 doesn’t compromise on comfort and flexibility!
The suit is equipped with exchangeable silicone seals in both the neck and wrists as standard. These are possible to change at site, in any weather conditions, thanks to the new soft and flexible SI TECH rings. If you choose to use latex seal, they will fit just as well.
The EX2 uses fabric socks so you can choose your own footwear depending on your activity, rock boots, fins or Muck boots – it is up to you.
Thanks to the material composition and the silicone seals this suit will always be ready for action, even after long term storage.
- Anatomical sculpting – All critical parts concerning mobility, like arms, legs and torso have been anatomically designed to enhance the liberty of action.
- Arm pockets and hook&loop patches – Two different arm pockets for radio or gadgets and hook-and-loop patches for name or unit info.
- Breathable shell – Extremely lightweight 4-layer AQUAMAX 330 Denier Cordura Nylon. A complete suit with valves weighs 2.3 kg. (Men’s size medium)
- Detachable warm cuffs – The arms are equipped with warm cuffs that minimize heat loss at the wrists. Detachable if necessary.
- Dual leg pockets – Slim prole leg pockets with D-Ring. 21x13cm.
- Fabric socks – Same fabric as the suit. Use your own footwear depending on activity; rock boots, fins or Muck boots.
- Flexible dry zipper – Light and flexible YKK AquaSeal.
- Flexible neck-ring – The QUICK NECK ring from SI TECH is a flexible ring for the neck seal. Follows the shape of your shoulders. Works with Latex, Silicone and Neoprene seals.
- Gadget holders – Holders for a microphone, radio, computer or other are placed on the chest and lower arms.
- Hip valve-port – An extra valve-port for battery cables or suit gas.
- Kevlar® reinforced knee pads – Military Graded DuPont™ Kevlar® fibre reinforced Kneepads.
- SI TECH valves – Swiveling inlet valve and an adjustable automatic outlet valve. Provided by SI TECH.
- Zipper placement – The placement of the back zipper enhances movability and makes it possible for the diver to open and close
- Our breathable drysuit fabric is highly waterproof due to the PU layer, but improper usage or storage could damage the PU layer and decrease the waterproof capability. It is very important that you rinse and clean breathable drysuits after each dive and let them dry completely both inside and outside. Please follow the care instructions below carefully to maintain the sufficient performance of your drysuit.
- If dirt, salt, oil, or sweat gets on the fabric, rinse off immediately with fresh water. Drain off the water from the garment and dry completely both inside and outside in the shade.
- Leaving the garment without rinsing off dirt for long periods may increase the deterioration of the PU layer, which may reduce the waterproof capability, or may cause the delamination of the PU layer.
- Do not store the drysuit wet, as this may cause the delamination of the PU layer.
- Do not wring or knead the drysuit, especially when it is wet, as this may cause the delamination of the PU layer.
- Do not expose the drysuit to direct sunlight for long periods, as this may cause the delamination of the PU layer, and may also decrease the strength of the fabric.
- Even if the garment gets extremely dirty, do not machine wash. Hand wash with laundry detergent, brush off the dirt and rinse thoroughly. If the detergent remains on the fabric, it may reduce the waterproof capability of the fabric, or may cause the delamination of the PU layer.
- Wash and dry properly, both inside and outside. Do not leave the drysuit in a wet condition.
- Do not store in hot and humid conditions (such as in a car, near a radiator or a stove).
- Store away from direct sunlight.
- Do not store with dirt or salt left on the drysuit.
- Do not fold the drysuit forcibly or place it under any heavy object.
This means that the item is in stock and ready for despatch. We do make the odd mistake but 98% of items that say in stock, are actually in stock. If you are ordering a quantity of any item, you are welcome to email or phone to check the quantity available.
"Delivered in 10 Days"
This means that the item is in stock in our remote warehouse and will usually be delivered to you in 10 working days .
"Despatch 6-10 Days"
You are able to buy/order the item but just to advise you that the item is not currently in our warehouse and therefore not available for immediate despatch but is on order or en route to us and we hope to despatch within 6-10 Days. If you want to know more details just e-mail or phone us.
This may mean the item is no longer available or possibly out of stock for some time. If you want to know more details just e-mail or phone us.